Sun, 25 Oct|
VOX IURA’S 1ST JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION
Time & Location
25-Oct-2020, 11:59 pm
About the Event
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2020 has been conceived with the aim of promoting skills of interpreting and applying legal concepts to facts and drafting judgments. The objective of this Competition is to enable the students to approach a factual matrix from the point of view of a judge, apply the law and render a judgment. The student shall be expected to think like a judge and reach a well-reasoned conclusion.
- The participants should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university. The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of three i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
Important: A team comprising of three students from different colleges are also eligible to participate in the competition.
1. The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to penalty.
2. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 3 authors.
3. Word Limit 3000 – 4000 (exclusive of footnotes).
4. The manuscript must not disclose identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
5. The author(s) shall submit a separate cover letter containing the details of the author.
6. The name of the file shall be named in the following format:
- Cover Letter: Cover Letter – Name of the author(s).
- Manuscript: Manuscript – Name of the author(s).
7. All the required documents (Manuscript and Cover Letter) must be submitted in doc or docx and pdf format and should be mailed to email@example.com with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission | Name of the author – Name of the co-author.
1. The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to penalty.
2. The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
3. Headings: Times New Roman, Size – 14, Bold.
4. Main body: Times New Roman, Size – 12.
5. Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size – 10, Line Spacing 1.0 and Justified.
Arrangement of Facts- 10 marks
Issues Addressed- 10 marks
Knowledge of law- 20 marks
Use of Legal Principle- 15 marks
Logical Reasoning- 15 marks
Precedents Used- 10 marks
Format and Language- 10 marks
Style of Writing - 10 marks
Total 100 marks
Each team will be provided with a unique code upon registration. The identity of the teams shall not be disclosed at any stage; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Registration would be through google forms: https://forms.gle/w3ZUop9jf6JHXJ6cA
1. ₹ 250 for Single author;
2. ₹ 450 for Two authors
3. ₹ 600 for Three authors.
2. Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid online. Kindly take the screenshot of payment ID for reference.
3. A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
Transfer amount to +91 9094813014 (or) Transfer amount to +91 8098427927
UPI ID- mitesh.law@okhdfcbank UPI ID- vigneshbaskaranbabl@oksbi
NEFT & IMPS
A/c no: 50100104287670
1. First Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 3000 Cash Prize.
2. Second Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 2000 Cash Prize.
3. Third Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 1000 Cash Prize.
- Shortlisted judgments will be published with the name of the author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants excluding Top three.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
Notwithstanding any other rule, the following penalties may be levied on participants:
1. Disqualification on grounds of
i. Non-Submission of Judgment.
ii. Breach of Anonymity Rule.
iii. Submission of Judgment beyond five days of the date of submission.
2. Submission of Judgments not complying with Rules shall attract a penalty of two marks per aberration and two marks per 100 words (word limit).
3. Submission of Judgment (Soft Copy) beyond the date of submission shall attract penalty of ten marks per day.
Decision of the jury shall be final and binding. Decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in interpretation of any rules or for any query or otherwise.
QUERIES RELATING TO THE PROPOSITION:
All queries and clarifications regarding the proposition must be mailed to the Organizing Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Hariniyadav.D +91 99627 19699
· Mitesh. R +91 90948 13014
Deadline for Registration- Extended
Last date for seeking Clarifications- 08/10/2020
Issuance of clarifications- 10/10/2020
Last date for submission of the Judgements- 25/10/2020
Click here for problem and Brochure!